Cornbread Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup natural applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Vanilla MuscleEgg
- 2 scoops Dymatize ISO-100 Gourmet Vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Splenda
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt, fat-free
Peach Cobbler Ingredients
- 1 cup peaches, sliced with 100% juice (no syrup), juice drained
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Spray butter
- 1 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together your cornbread cake ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate and small mixing bowl, add your peaches. Cut your peaches up into smaller chunks. Add your Splenda and cinnamon. If you like things really cinnamon-y (is that even a word?), add an extra 1/2 tsp to your peaches. Set aside.
- In an 8×8 pan, lightly spray pan with olive oil. Place your peach mixture into your pan. Then slowly add your cornbread cake on top of peaches. Using the back of a spoon, spread your cornbread mixture around so that it is evenly placed over your peaches.
- Spray butter lightly on top of cobbler and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place in oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Oven’s temperatures can be different. You may need to cook it a little longer. To make sure that your cobbler is cooked all the way through, take a clean butter knife and poke it into the middle of your cobbler. If you pull it out and it’s clean, your cobbler is done. If your knife is sticky while coming out, bake cobbler for a few more minutes.
- Let cobbler cool for about 10 minutes before cutting it into 9 separate squares and enjoy!
- This recipe is great to have for a snack, breakfast, or even as a post-workout meal. I like pouring a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk over mine and my kid’s love it when I drizzle a little honey over the top of it for them.
- Yields 9 squares
Nutrition Facts (per square)
- Calories – 129
- Fat – 0.5g
- Carbs – 21g
- Protein – 11g
By Stephanie Woods
Adapted from http://www.stephaniedotfitness.com/