MuscleEgg, LLC is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to Support Accessibility
MuscleEgg, LLC takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of MuscleEgg.com:
- We do periodic self-audits of our website using the following tools…
- Chrome’s DevTools and Lighthouse
- Firefox’s Accessibility extension
- Axe (chrome extension from Deque)
- We also do manual testing for keyboard & voiceover navigation using ChromeVox and Apple’s built in VoiceOver.
- We do periodic user-testing with people using assistive technologies.
- We take part in continuing education about making the web accessible through resources like Deque University
- Our developers are members of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP).
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. We have done our best to make sure that MuscleEgg.com is conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
In our efforts to meet the criteria above, we have paid particular attention to the following:
We strive to make sure that all images (with the exception of non-essential background images) have clear descriptions that can be read by screen readers.
- Buttons and links
We strive to make sure that all buttons and links have clear descriptions of what they do when a user interacts with them. We strive to make sure that all hover and focus events have more than just a color-change (for example, underlined text or text spacing) to give the end-user a more visual cue that an item is being hovered or focused.
We strive to make sure that all video has closed captioning that is timed with the media itself.
We strive to make sure that our site navigation can be accessed using only keyboard controls and a screen reader. We strive to make our headings and labels clearly descriptive of the topic or purpose it is associated with. We also include a “Skip to content” button visible only to screen readers.
We strive to make sure that all form fields have relevant labels that describe what they are for.
- Text, Color, & Contrast
We strive to make sure that all text color has a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 with its background and can be readable when resized up to 200%.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of MuscleEgg.com. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on this site:
- Phone: 855-289-6872
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: 3502 West 6400 South, Spanish Fork, UT 84660
We try to respond to feedback within 3 business days.
Accessibility of MuscleEgg.com relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations & Known Issues
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of MuscleEgg.com, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for MuscleEgg.com:
- Comments from users: Content that is created by users of our sites (like in comments or reviews) are not edited for accessibility. The reason for this is that in order to provide transparent feedback for our products, we do not edit user-generated comments and reviews.
- Video Captions & Accessibility: All of our video content is hosted by YouTube and we rely on their platform and the tools they provide to us to make our videos accessible.
- reCaptcha (anti-spam tool)
We use reCaptcha to avoid spam on all our forms. We do not have control of the accessibility of the elements in the reCaptcha widget.
We use LiveChat to chat with users. We do not have control of the accessibility of the elements in the LiveChat widget.
- Google Trusted Stores Badge
We display a Google trusted stores badge in our footer. We do not have control of the accessibility of the elements in the Google Trusted Stores badge.
This policy was originally posted on July 22, 2019. Last modified on August 20, 2019.