You cannot get by on protein alone if you want to get fit. You will need to take in ample amounts of carbohydrates and healthy fats as well. Our two recipes for today pack all these macronutrients, giving you the energy to turn in quality work at the gym and build quality muscle in the process. And, as a bonus, they taste really good together.
Total Time: 35 min
Egg White-Fried Vegetable Rice
- 1 egg white (or an equivalent amount of liquid egg whites)
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 cup of cabbage
- 1 cup of chard
- A handful of baby tomatoes
- A handful of mushrooms
- Several small onions
- Two cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups of long-grain brown rice (or any other variety you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese spice mix (saltless)
- Lemon juice
- Cook the rice. Clean and chop the vegetables while waiting.
- Drain the rice well. Stir fry the vegetables in olive oil while waiting. Start with the onions and follow it up with the carrots. Add in everything else incrementally starting with the hardest one.
- Add the Chinese spice mix.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add in the rice and egg white. Mix well.
- Add some lemon juice to taste.
- This recipe takes just around 35 minutes to prepare and makes two servings. If you want to cut down the preparation time further, then buy cooked rice instead of preparing it yourself.
Vegetable Egg White Omelet
Total Time: 15 min
- 2 large egg whites (or an equivalent amount of liquid egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon of chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of green pepper
- Put all the vegetables in a small frying pan and sauté them in olive oil.
- Once they are tender, take them out of the pan and set them aside.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and whisk them.
- Put the whisked egg whites in the frying pan and cook them over medium heat.
- Once the egg whites are cooked, remove the pan from heat and top the egg whites with the vegetables and grated parmesan cheese.
- Fold and serve.
- This recipe takes just around 15 minutes to prepare makes a single serving.