Photo URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arndog/4003788801/
Cookies are tasty and are one of the favorite snacks of kids and adults alike. There is nothing better than having a big plate full of cookies while watching your favorite television show in the living room. However, cookies are usually full of calories and carbohydrates that make it a bit of problem for those who want to keep their bodies in great shape. Extra calories and carbs is not something that you would want if you are following a diet, a regimen or if you want to build your muscles. Luckily, there are cookie recipes which do not contain a lot of calories. An example of this is a delicious white chocolate-macadamia cookie recipe which primarily uses egg whites instead of whole eggs. Egg whites have only a small amount of calories compared to whole eggs while still having a ton of protein which is good for building and developing muscles. Here’s what you’ll need to do to make these delicious cookies.
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 5 oz low-fat, bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped salted macadamia nuts
- 4 large egg whites at room temperature
- Begin by preheating your oven to 325 degrees while you start preparing the cookie dough that you will be using.
- First, whisk the confectioners’ sugar, the 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt and the 3/4 cup of cocoa.
- Next, stir in the bittersweet chocolate as well as the 1 1/2 cups of chopped salted macadamia nuts.
- The next step is to add the 4 large egg whites to the mixture and then continue stirring until just incorporated.
- Get your baking sheets and then place onto it some parchment to avoid the cookies from sticking to it.
- Now you would need to drop the cookie dough onto 2 baking sheets. Make sure that they are by 1/4 cupfuls and 3 inches apart
- Put the baking sheets inside the preheated oven and continue baking until the tops of the cookies are dry and crackled. This would take about 22 to 25 minutes.
- Halfway through baking the cookies you should rotate the sheets to bake them evenly.
- Once you are done baking, transfer the baking sheets onto wire racks and allow it to cool completely before serving.