- 2 egg whites (or an equal amount of liquid egg whites)
- Half a cup of whole wheat flour
- Fresh berries
- 1 tablespoon of ground blueberry flaxseed (you can also use confectioner’s sugar as a substitute)
- Half a cup of mixed frozen berries (thaw and drain first)
- 2 tablespoons of applesauce (unsweetened)
- A pinch of salt
- A quarter teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of rice milk (you can also use any other kind of milk)
- Half a cup of vanilla yogurt (fat-free)
- Half a cup of vanilla egg whites (or chocolate egg whites)
- Cooking spray
- Put the egg whites, vanilla extract, applesauce, whole wheat flour, salt and rice milk in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Let it rest for 30 minutes to an hour. Doing so will prevent your crepes from turning rubbery once cooked.
- Mix the vanilla yogurt and vanilla egg whites together in a separate bowl. We will use this as filling later.
- Get a skillet and coat it lightly with the cooking spray. Pour a quarter cup of the batter in.
- Move the skillet in a circular motion, allowing the batter to spread out to the edges.
- Cook for about two minutes or until the bottom of the crepe turns light brown.
- Serve on a plate, fill with the yogurt and flavored egg white mixture and garnish with the berries and ground flaxseed.
- This recipe takes just a little over an hour to prepare and yields four crepes.