Many people think that being a vegetarian makes it hard for a person to get his recommended daily protein requirement. This is because the common notion is that protein can only be taken in by eating meat such as from beef and pork. While it is true that eating meat can give you a lot of protein, it is not the only source that you can get it from. If you want to get a lot of protein while avoiding meat in your diet, maybe you should try eating egg whites. This is because an egg white is very rich in protein and will be able to provide your body with the amount of protein it needs. Here is a very simple recipe for a vegetable egg white omelette which is a great source of protein and doesn’t have any meat at all. Here’s what you will need to prepare this delicious dish.
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon green pepper
- 1 tablespoon broccoli
- 1 tablespoon celery
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- The first thing that you will need to do is to chop all of the vegetables. After doing so, get a small frying pan and sauté the vegetables you have just chopped in olive oil. Continue frying it until it becomes a bit tender.
- Once you are done frying the vegetables, remove it from the pan and then place it on a plate. Set this aside first and proceed in preparing the eggs.
- Get the egg whites and then start whisking it for a few minutes. Then, use the same frying pan that you used earlier to fry the vegetables and then cook the egg whites on it. Cook the egg whites over medium heat for a couple of minutes or so depending on your preference.
- While cooking the egg whites, you can opt to add in the fried vegetables to it or you can also add the veggies later. It would actually be up to you which one you prefer as both are equally delicious.
- If you decide to add the vegetables after cooking the egg whites, use the former to top the cooked egg and then add the grated parmesan cheese on top of it. Then, fold over one side of the egg and you already have for yourself a very healthy and tasty source of protein.
- This recipe is very simple to make and will surely give your body the right amount of protein it needs. The recipe above makes one serving.