Egg whites is a really popular food item for people who want to build strong muscles and a great body. This is largely because egg whites contain a lot of protein which is very helpful in muscle growth and regeneration.
A lot of people simply cook egg whites by frying it while others even drink it raw. If you want to take advantage of egg white protein but also want a tasty meal, there are ways that you can use egg whites to prepare really delicious dishes. Below is a recipe for a really good low fat egg drop soup that you can prepare using egg whites.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- A pinch of salt, to taste
- Boil the 4 cups of chicken broth in a wok or a saucepan over medium heat.
- After the broth has already boiled, add the sugar and salt to it. You may also want to add 2 teaspoons of rice wine or dry sherry if you prefer. Cook this for about a minute and remove it from heat before moving to the next step.
- Slowly stir in the lightly beaten egg whites into the mixture, making sure that you stir in one direction only. Continue doing this until you have added all of the egg whites.
- Garnish the soup with the green onions and then serve.
This low-fat egg drop soup recipe will surely fill your tummy with warm goodness. It also has a high amount of protein that will help you in building great muscles and an amazing body. Try it for yourself and enjoy!