Strawberry Coconut Scones
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes- Power Cakes Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 4 tablespoons cold butter cubed into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Sugar Leaf Stevia
- 1/4 cup Strawberry MuscleEgg egg whites
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup Elli Strawberry Quark similar to Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup strawberries quartered
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar Leaf Stevia or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup 0% Fage Greek yogurt ** OPTIONAL TOPPING **
- 1/2 scoop Vanilla Trutein protein ** OPTIONAL TOPPING **
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk ** OPTIONAL TOPPING **
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract ** OPTIONAL TOPPING **
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut ** OPTIONAL TOPPING **
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or Silpat
In a small bowl, combine egg whites, extract, greek yogurt, and milk. Mix well and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine Kodiak mix, baking powder, salt, coconut, and stevia. Using your hands, add COLD butter and work into dry mixture until it resembles a course meal. Stir in cut strawberries.
Slowly add wet mixture and stir until dough forms (it will be sticky). Form individual scones or one large circle (roughly 7-8 inches in diameter and about an inch thick). Sprinkle top with 1/2 tablespoon of coconut sugar or stevia crystals.
Bake for 15-17 minutes until edges are golden brown.
Prepare drizzle by combining greek yogurt, protein, coconut extract in a small bowl. Add milk until desired consistency is achieved.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (makes 8 scones): calories- 199, fat- 9 grams, carbs- 22 grams, protein- 12 grams (per scone)