If you want to have an excellent start to your day, eating some pancakes would be a good way to do so. Pancakes are delicious but for the people who are counting calories and are on a strict diet this may not be an appealing option. This doesn’t always have to be the case though as you can make pancakes that are even actually good for those who want to have an excellent body or build their muscles. What you need to do in order to do this is to make use of egg whites. Egg whites are really helpful for those who want to build muscles as it is high in protein, a nutrient which is essential in body building. It is also perfect for those who want to lose weight as it only has very little calories and it does not contain any fat as well. Without further ado, here is a recipe for a delicious protein-rich egg white and oatmeal pancake that you should seriously try out.
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- Get a skillet and then spray it with some non-stick cooking spray. Place this over medium heat once you are done.
- Mix in all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl for a couple of minutes. You may choose to add some cinnamon if you prefer to add some taste to it.
- After preparing the pancake batter in the second step, pour a couple of spoonfuls of it onto the skillet and then cook it until each side turns golden brown. Make sure that you cook both sides evenly so that the pancake will turn out perfectly.
- Remove it from heat once you are done cooking and repeat the steps for the rest of the batter.
- Top the pancakes with the syrup of your choice or with some fresh fruits.