Brownies are a favorite dessert for many and when it comes to healthy eating, brownies aren’t usually on the menu. But, with these moist and nutty MuscleEgg brownies you’ll be enjoying one of your favorite treats again whenever you like! The best thing about brownies is how shareable they are. Or not, make them for yourself as a treat to throw into your meal plan every day for a little extra protein without all the extra calories and fat! This recipe yields about 40 2×2 inch brownies.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup sweetener of your choice (I use the Stevia baking blend)
- 1 scoop of a vanilla protein or Vanilla MuscleEgg (this eliminates the acidic taste of baking with protein)
- 1 cup of MuscleEgg Chocolate egg whites
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (you can substitute with 1/2 tablespoon of sugar-free chocolate pudding mix or use both depending on how chocolatey you like them)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (this is one of the most important items, aside from the MuscleEgg, as it will keep these moist for longer)
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon PB2 (if you like peanut butter in your brownies, I like the density it gives)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or almonds
- Mix all ingredients to a smooth consistency.
- Pour into two 9X9 non-stick pans and bake at 375 for 20 minutes (can take a full 25 minutes to completely finish).