- 2 egg whites (or an equivalent amount of liquid egg whites)
- 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or paste
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Coat six six-ounce ramekins with sugar and butter and put them on a baking sheet.
- Mash the vanilla and bananas together.
- Sift the salt, cocoa powder and cornstarch over the vanilla-banana mixture. Stir.
- Put the egg whites and some sugar in a bowl and beat them together until soft peaks form.
- Fold a third of the egg whites into the banana mixture. Fold the rest of the egg whites in.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins.
- Using your finger, remove any butter, sugar or batter along each ramekin’s collar. This will ensure that the soufflés will rise straight up.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve at once.
- This recipe takes just around 20 minutes to prepare and makes six small servings.