Having the right nutrition is really important if you want to stay fit and healthy. It is also essential if you are planning on building a good body and muscles as all the work out and weight lifting that you are doing needs to be accompanied by the intake of the right foods. One food that can really help you keep up with a regimen and diet is bread, particularly bread which only has egg whites instead of whole eggs. The high amount of protein which is derived from egg whites is really helpful if you want to build strong muscles and have a fit body. Check out the recipe below for a healthy and delicious French bread with egg whites recipe that you will surely enjoy.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 ounce package yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temp
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Start off by beating the egg whites until they are stiff and then set them aside.
- Next, get about 2 1/2 cups of flour and place it into a mixing bowl and add the yeast as well as the sugar and salt.
- Add the cup of hot water and the butter into the bowl and then beat it about 40 to 50 strokes using a wooden spoon.
- The next step is to slowly fold in the egg whites using your hand and allow a couple of minutes for the dough to absorb the egg whites.
- Add the remaining flour that you have, adding about a quarter of a cup at a time until the entire mixture is not moist any more but soft and elastic. If it is still sticky, add some more flour.
- The next thing that you should do is to lift the dough from the mixing bowl and place on a lightly floured work surface.
- Next, knead the dough for about ten minutes using your hands adding a little flour if the moisture breaks through.
- After doing the previous step, place the dough in a greased bowl and then cover it with a plastic wrap and place it aside to allow it to rise at room temperature. Let it stand for about an hour or so.
- Next, divide the dough into smaller equal parts and roll each under the palm your hands into long baguettes about 15 inches in length.
- Place the dough directly onto a prepared baking sheet which has been slightly greased. Make sure to keep the loaves with some distance apart so they won’t touch while you are baking it.
- Combine the cornstarch, the salt and the 1/3 cup water and then use this to brush the loaves. Then, let it rise uncovered for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350F for about 20 minutes before placing the dough inside and bake it in moderate heat for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Lastly, remove from your oven and remove the bread from the pan and let it cool on a metal rack before serving.