Who says that building a great body means sacrificing your taste buds? While it is generally true that people who want to build strong and ripped muscles would require to control the calories and fats that they take in through the food they eat this doesn’t ultimately mean that they should only eat bland and tasteless foods. One alternative that you can try is to cook using egg whites which are really healthy for our body. It contains a ton of protein which makes it really helpful in the development, growth, and repair of the muscles we use when we work out. There are many delicious recipes that you can make using egg whites and the great thing about it is that it contains very little calories and zero fat. Below is a recipe for a delicious and healthy egg white and sausage muffin that you should definitely try out. The good thing about this recipe is that you don’t need to have an over to make this. A microwave oven is all that you need.
- 1/2 cups liquid egg whites
- 1 veggie sausage patty or other low-fat sausage patty alternatives
- 1 tbsp sugar-free pancake syrup
- 1 slice fat-free American cheese
- Non-fat cooking spray
- The first thing that you must do to prepare this delicious recipe is to lightly spray a microwave-safe container with the non-fat cooking spray.
- Next, place the veggie sausage patty on the container and then microwave it for about 45-60 seconds. Afterward, use a fork and then carefully break up the patty so that it will be broken down into smaller pieces.
- What you need to do next is to add the liquid egg whites into the container. After you do so, stir the egg whites and the sausage patty to work the former into the latter. Microwave this for another minute.
- Take the muffin and top it with the slice of the fat-free cheese and enjoy.
- This recipe is not only rich in egg white nutrition but it will also surely give your taste buds a treat. Enjoy!