Having great muscles and a ripped body doesn’t come easy. You would have to work out regularly as well as eat the right foods in order to achieve this. Protein is very important when it comes to building and developing muscles which is why eating protein-rich foods is recommended for those who want to have big and sculpted muscles. One food item which you should eat often when you want to have high amounts of protein is egg whites. Egg whites contain a lot of protein and the great thing is that it only has very few calories and zero fat. Egg whites may seem like a bland food to eat all the time but you may be surprised to see that there are many different kinds of recipes which you can prepare primarily with egg whites. Here is one example of a delicious recipe that you can make with egg whites. Check out the instructions below to prepare this healthy egg white hash brown recipe that you will surely enjoy.
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes shredded potatoes
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 reduced fat Swiss cheese, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup low fat butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- A dash of pepper to taste
- Start off by preheating the oven at 375 F before you set out and prepare the ingredients.
- Get the non-stick cooking spray and then use it to lightly spray a muffin cup pan.
- Combine the Simply Potatoes shredded potatoes, salt and the pepper. You can also add some garlic powder to the mixture if you prefer. Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup of the potato mixture and the press it along its inside so that it will create a nest. Bake this for about 35 minutes.
- Next, mix the egg whites along with all of the other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- After the nests have been inside the oven for 35 minutes, remove them and add the egg white mixture you have made to each muffin cup. Once you have filled each nest with the egg white mixture, return it to the oven and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once you are done baking, remove it from the heat and then allow it to cool for a minute or so before serving.