If you want to have big and strong muscles then working out and lifting weights should not be the only things on your mind. Getting the right nutrients for your body is another factor that you should definitely work on. Taking in the right amount of protein can really be essential to building your muscles so eating foods that contain a lot of protein is recommended.
Egg whites are exactly what you should be eating if you want high protein without the calories or fat that usually comes with it. You may think that eating egg whites is not exactly appealing but you can actually make really delicious recipes using it.
Below is a great recipe for healthy egg white banana walnut pancakes that you can try so that you can get your needed protein and still satisfy your taste buds in the process.
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Sliced bananas and honey, optional
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- The first step is to combine the flour, baking powder and the sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Once you have done this, leave the mixture aside and then proceed in mixing the milk, mashed bananas, light butter, and the liquid egg whites in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the latter mixture to the flour mixture and then stir everything together until they are blended. Let it stand for about 10 minutes before you proceed in stirring in the chopped roasted walnuts.
- Spray a large skillet with some non-stick cooking spray and then put it over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake and then cook it until it turns golden brown. Make sure that you flip it once the bottom side is done so that the entire pancake cooks evenly.
- Once they are done, remove the pancakes from heat and then top with some sliced bananas or honey if you prefer.