Skip to content
- 4 large room temperature egg whites (or an equivalent amount of liquid egg whites)
- 12 ounces of trimmed fresh strawberries
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of lime or lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Coat six eight-ounce ramekins with sugar and butter. Lay them out on a baking sheet.
- Whizz the strawberries, cornstarch and 1/4 cup of sugar using a food processor until smooth. This is the time to add the lime and lemon juice as well in case you decide to use some.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Slowly mix in the salt and what is left of the sugar with the beaten egg whites.
- Whisk a third of the strawberry mixture in. Fold. Repeat until all of the strawberry mixture is folded in.
- Put the mixture in the ramekins. Level using the back of a butter knife.
- Discard any leftover mixture that is not enough to fill another ramekin.
- Bake for 14 to 17 minutes or until the top part of the soufflés turn golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare as well and makes six slightly bigger servings.
Copyright © 2014-2019, MuscleEgg - All Rights Reserved
adroll_adv_id = "PFQFNMP7XJCEPHH3PIZQSE";
adroll_pix_id = "OWTMMSQ7UJDATAXNNDZEHE";
adroll_version = "2.0";
adroll_current_page = "other";
adroll_currency = "USD";
adroll_language = "en_US";