Photo URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/notahipster/3067717803/
Waffles are delicious and are great to eat during breakfast. But most people who are sticking to a strict diet or a body building regimen don’t want to take in the additional fat and calories that go with eating a delicious waffle. This should no longer be the case as this waffle recipe which consists primarily of egg whites gives you the same tasty treat without the consequence of ruining your figure. Egg whites are great for those who want to keep with a low calorie diet as it contains zero fat and only a fraction of the calories that a whole egg has. Egg white protein is also recommended for body builders as it helps in providing the needed amount of protein for the muscles without having a lot of calories. If you want to try out preparing this delicious low carb egg white waffle recipe, check out the directions below.
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Sweetener for additional taste (you could choose artificial sweetener or refined sugar)
- Start off by whipping two of the three large egg whites using either a hand mixer or an egg beater. You may also use a whisker if you want some exercise. Continue whipping until you have stiff peaks.
- Next, add the coconut flour, low-fat milk, baking powder, a teaspoon or so of your preferred sweetener, and the remaining one large egg white. After adding in the other ingredients continue stirring.
- Heat your waffle iron by setting it to the highest temperature and then spray it with some non-stick spray. This will help avoid the waffles from sticking to the iron.
- Pour the batter you have finished preparing into your waffle iron and then proceed in cooking it for several minutes. It usually takes around four minutes to complete the process or you can cook until the waffles are good and golden brown.
- The last step would be to pull it out of the waffle iron and then add your topping of choice such as fresh fruits and then serve.
- This great egg white waffle recipe is very simple to prepare and is really delicious too. If you want a healthy breakfast option without eating a ton of calories and carbs, this recipe should definitely be on your to-do list.