“Mmm..fried fish filet” by jeffreyw There are no long introductions today, just some awesome fish recipes that you and your family will surely love. On to the healthy goodness!
- 1 egg white (or an equivalent amount of liquid egg whites)
- 1/4 cup of cornmeal
- 1 pound of cod fillets
- 1/4 cup of dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cut the cod fillets into serving size pieces
- Mix the egg white and buttermilk in a bowl. Beat them together until they turn frothy. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry bread crumbs, basil, pepper, lemon peel and cornmeal together.
- Dip each cod piece in the egg white and buttermilk mixture.
- Dip each coated cod piece in the dry bread crumbs, cornmeal and seasoning mix. Make sure all of them are coated completely and evenly.
- Oil up a baking pan.
- Put each cod piece on the baking pan. Tuck any thin edges underneath each piece.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cod flakes easily when pressed with a fork.
- This recipe takes just around 30 minutes to prepare and makes four servings.