“Les grosse meringues” by put_the_needle_on_the_record.
If you have a sweet tooth, then you will surely love today’s recipe. It is always good to end a hearty meal with some dessert. So, in today’s post, we decided to feature a delightfully fruity meringue-based recipe. Let’s get right to it!
- 4 egg whites (or an equal amount of liquid egg whites)
- 2 pieces of thinly sliced medium-sized mangoes
- 2 tablespoons of passion fruit pulps
- 300 ml of thickened cream
- ½ cup of flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (or 140 degrees if fan forced).
- Oil a 25 cm x 30 cm Swiss roll pan.
- Cover the pan with a sheet of baking paper. Make sure that the sheet is big enough that it overhangs on both ends. Set aside.
- Take the egg whites, put them in a small bowl and beat them with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes until you see soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar in small batches. Restart the mixer in between each batch to ensure that the sugar mixes in properly.
- Fold the corn flour, vinegar and vanilla extract into the mixture.
- Take the pan and spread the mixture onto it.
- Top the mixture with the coconut flakes.
- Put the pan in the oven’s lower shelf and bake until the meringue turns light brown. This should take no more than 20 minutes.
- Take a wire rack and cover it with a sheet of baking paper. Carefully invert the meringue onto it.
- Slowly remove the baking paper that was originally under the mixture. Set aside and let cool.
- Take the cream and whip it until you see soft peaks form.
- Take the cooled meringue and cover it with the cream. Guide the meringue using the baking paper.
- Top your meringue with the mango slices and passion fruit pulps.
- This recipe takes just 45 minutes to prepare and makes eight delicious servings. You can also spice things up by substituting other fruits and spices for the mangoes and passion fruit pulps.
- Stay tuned for the next post. We will be featuring another tasty meringue-based recipe that you will surely enjoy.