Lean chicken meat is one of the most popular sources of protein among bodybuilders not only due to its high protein content, but also because there are so many delicious ways to enjoy it. Today’s recipes are not only tasty, but also add a little more high quality protein—in the form of egg whites—to the mix. Check them out!
Total Time: 45 min
- 1 egg white (or an equivalent amount of liquid egg whites)
- 4 pieces of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup of crushed corn flakes
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Put the egg white in a bowl and beat it until it turns frothy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the thyme, pepper, Parmesan cheese, cornflakes and salt.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg white.
- Dip each egg-coated chicken breast in the cheese, cornflakes and seasoning mix. Make sure each piece is completely and evenly coated.
- Put the chicken breasts in a lightly oiled baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken breasts’ internal temperature hits 165° F.
- This recipe takes just around 45 minutes to prepare and makes four servings.