“Chicken Fried Rice” by Incase Egg whites are among the best sources of high-quality natural protein available to man. But let’s face it, if you eat them daily for a month or so, you will eventually get tired of them. Fortunately, this is not something a little creativity cannot fix. We will be posting different egg white recipes to keep your love for this awesome protein source alive. Don’t worry if cooking is not your strong suit. Our recipes are not only healthy and delicious, they are also very easy to prepare. For our first installment, we will show you our take on a popular Chinese dish: Chicken Fried Rice.
- 12 ounces of boneless chicken breast (diced, ½-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup of egg whites (or an equivalent amount of liquid egg whites)
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 small onion (sliced, thin strips)
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon of ginger (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of chili garlic sauce
- Cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray
- Add one tablespoon of chili garlic sauce into ¼ cup of water. Mix and set aside.
- Pre-heat the pan (or wok) using medium heat. Add some cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray (make sure you temporarily remove the pan from heat when you do).
- Add the chicken and cook for around 5 minutes then set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots and onions to the pan and cook for 2 minutes using high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and broccoli. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chili garlic sauce and water mixture to the vegetables, stir and remove from heat.
- Get the chicken and cover it with the sauce.
- Add some more cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray into the pan and cook the egg whites using high heat. Stir constantly.
- Once the egg whites start to set, add the brown rice and mix.
- Add the chicken and cook everything for another 2 minutes. Keep mixing.
- That’s it! This recipe takes just around 40 minutes to prepare and can serve up to four people. If you are pressed for time, you can easily cut the preparation time in half by using pre-cut vegetables, leftover chicken, heat-and-serve brown rice and some liquid egg whites.
- Stay tuned for more exciting recipes in the future!