If you are into Mexican food yet you do not want to ruin your diet or your body building regimen then you are in luck. There is a very delicious recipe of an egg white quesadilla that will surely put a big smile on your face without adding tons of calories and fat to your diet. Yes, this egg white quesadilla recipe is not only delicious but will be helpful in building and sculpting the muscles that you want. According to research, egg white protein is very rich and is one of the essential nutrients in muscle building, repair, and development. If you are excited to try out this tasty dish full of egg white nutrition for your muscles check out the instructions below.
- 1 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1/3 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 whole wheat tortillas, 7 or 8 inches in diameter and cut in half
- 1/4 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Begin by spraying your skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Then, put it over medium heat.
- Then, add the liquid egg whites that you have onto the skillet and cook it for a couple of minutes.
- Once one side of the egg whites are already cooked, use a spatula to turn it over and cook the other side of it. Continue cooking until the liquid egg whites have set.
- Add in the 1/2 cup of black beans to the skillet and continue cooking until they are heated through. Then, after the egg whites are cooked, sprinkle the quartered grape tomatoes and the cumin.
- Spray one side of the tortilla with the non-stick cooking spray to prevent it from sticking. Add a half cup of the egg whites you have finished cooking on one side of the tortilla.
- Add a teaspoon of the pepper jack cheese and then fold the rest of the tortilla to create a sandwich.
- Reduce the heat and then place the tortilla on your frying pan. Continue cooking until the cheese melts and the tortilla browns. Flip the quesadilla over and then continue to cook until the other side becomes golden brown.
- Afterward, remove the quesadilla from the heat, allow it to cool and then serve.
- This recipe serves two people.
- Having a ripped body doesn’t mean you can’t eat the food that you like. Try out this recipe the next time you want some Mexican food which won’t ruin your diet or your body building endeavors.