Photo by EmilyC For those people who want to stay fit and healthy it can be very challenging to control what you eat. This is because many delicious foods are full of fat, cholesterol, and unwanted calories. If you are intent on building your muscles or you want to stay lean, then you have to exert extra effort in choosing what you eat. The good thing about it though is that you don’t always have to settle with eating bland and bad-tasting food just to keep your figure the way you want it. There are other options that you can try which not only taste good but is also good for the body. An egg white salad recipe is one example of this. Egg whites are a healthy alternative for those who want protein rich food but do not want the cholesterol and calories that many meat products have. Egg white protein is very useful in building and developing our muscles so this is a good option for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. Here’s what you will need to make this simple yet delicious recipe.
- 6 large hard-boiled egg whites chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. creamy Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Put the 1/4 cup of red onions in a small bowl together with 1 tablespoon of water. Make sure the container is microwave-friendly as you will need to cover it and place it in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Afterward, allow it to cool for a minute and then slowly drain the water. Set it aside for it to cool completely.
- Using a separate bowl, stir the fat-free mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lime juice, salt, pepper, and the lemon juice together.
- After the chopped onions have already cooled, add to it the chopped egg whites, red pepper and celery.
- The last step is for you to add the mayonnaise mixture you have prepared to the chopped egg whites, red pepper and celery and then stir everything completely.
- Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Eating protein-rich foods doesn’t always have to mean eating pork or beef. With egg whites, you can get your daily requirement of protein without compromising your body and fitness. Try out this delicious egg white salad recipe and enjoy great tasting food while still being on your way to having the great body that you want.