Photo URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamiesrabbits/5791393174/
Cupcakes are really tasty treats that everyone loves to enjoy. Sometimes though, it can contain a lot of calories and fat which can ruin the diet. If you are conscious about your body and you want a healthy cupcake recipe, here is a delicious recipe for an egg white chocolate chip cupcake that you could try out.
- 5 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate chips
- Before making the cupcakes, prepare your oven first by preheating it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, already prepare the cupcake pan by lightly adding some grease to prevent your cupcakes from sticking to it later on.
- Sift together the 1/2 cup of cake flour together with the 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl.
- In a different and larger bowl, put in the 5 large egg whites and start beating them until it becomes foamy. After which, add the 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar and the 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- With your mixer setting at high speed, slowly add in the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and also add the 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the mixture.
- The next thing that you should do is to fold in the flour to the mixture, making sure to add it in two or three additions.
- Also fold in the chocolate chips once you have completed adding all of the ingredients to the mixture.
- Now, you must place the mixture into the cupcake pan dividing it evenly and filling up each only up to thee top.
- Bake this in your oven for about 15-20 minutes until the tops of the cupcakes are golden brown.
- After you are done baking, allow the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack that way you are able to cool the pan upside down.
- Once the cupcakes are already cool, use a butter knife to remove them from the pan and then serve.
- This recipe is good for making 12 delicious egg white cupcakes.