Blueberry muffins is one of the all time favorite pastries of countless people. It is delicious and tasty which is certainly one of the biggest reasons for its appeal. If you are on a strict diet or regimen though having blueberry muffins may be something that you can just dream of. But that doesn’t always have to be that way. If you are looking to enjoy homemade blueberry muffins then why not try the delicious recipe below which is not only tasty but also helps you stay fit and develop strong muscles in the process. You are probably wondering how this can be, right? Well, the trick is to use liquid egg whites instead of whole eggs. The egg yolk contains a lot of cholesterol and fat but the same is not found in liquid egg whites. All you get is high amounts of protein that is important in building and regenerating your muscles.
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat your oven at 400°F while you proceed in preparing the ingredients
- Thoroughly mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder in large mixing bowl
- Then, stir in all the other ingredients except the blueberries which you will add a little bit later on.
- Continue to stir the mixture until it has just moistened. Then, gently add in the fresh blueberries into the mixture.
- Once you have finished mixing all of the ingredients completely, get your muffin tins and fill it with batter ¾ of the way.
- Place the tins inside the oven and bake them for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove them from heat and then serve.
- This recipe makes 12 delicious and healthy muffins.