Cookies are really delicious and tasty which is the reason why everybody loves them so much. I know I would sure love to have some cookies still hot from the oven. If you are watching your weight though or you are following a body building or diet regimen then eating regular cookies is a big no-no since it contains fat and calories that you don’t want. This doesn’t mean though that you should completely forget about enjoying cookies. An example of how you can follow your diet while still being able to eat cookies is baking these walnut egg white spice cookie recipe. This healthy and tasty recipe is definitely something you should try even when you are on your diet since you only use egg whites instead of whole eggs. Egg whites are great since it is high in protein and without the added calories and fat that the yolk has. Here’s what you’ll need to do to prepare these delicious walnut egg white spice cookies.
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp apple spice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or sugar replacements such as Splenda if you prefer
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- Beat the 2 egg whites in a bowl until they are stiff and then fold in the 2 cups of the ground walnuts. Make sure the nuts are ground until they are fine for best results.
- Next, add the 1 tablespoon apple spice, the rum extract and the 1/3 cup of brown sugar or sugar replacement into the bowl and continue mixing the ingredients.
- Drop the mixture you have just prepared on a slightly greased baking sheet and then bake it at 350 F for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once you are done baking, turn off the oven and leave the cookies to cool for a couple of hours before serving.