If you are dedicated to building a great body then you know that you would have to make sacrifices. Usually this involves sacrificing time and energy to work out and lift weights. Another area where you would usually sacrifice on is in terms of the food that you are taking in. Building strong and sculpted muscles entails you eating the right food always. This would often be associated with eating food which are not delicious but are good for muscle development. But this should not always be the case though. Desserts are great but they can be high in calories, fat and carbohydrates which are not really good for building muscles. Luckily this doesn’t always have to be this way. If you want to eat dessert while still maintaining your diet one option that you can try is this delicious recipe for coconut macaroons which are made out of egg whites. The egg whites are high in protein and are really good for muscle development while containing zero fat and only a small amount of calories. Check out the recipe below to find out how you can prepare this tasty treat.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 8-ounce package of sweetened shredded coconut which has been lightly toasted
- A pinch of salt
- The first step to preparing this recipe is to pre-heat your oven at 350 F while you start to work with the ingredients.
- Use your mixer and start to whip the 4 large egg whites and the pinch of salt until it starts to become stiff.
- Next, add the 1/2 cup of sugar to the mixture you are whipping but add it in three parts. Whip the eggs again until they have stiffened.
- Get your spatula and then fold in the package of sweetened shredded coconut which is lightly toasted into the mixture.
- The next step is to get a parchment-lined cookie sheet and then drop the mixture onto the latter a teaspoon-full at a time. Make sure that you leave an inch or two between each cookie when doing so.
- Place this inside the oven and then continue to bake it for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Afterward, remove the oven from heat and then enjoy.