Oatmeal is an outstanding breakfast food. It is packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals that will not only give you the energy you need to start your day, but will also help you become healthier. In addition, fiber keeps you feeling full longer so it may also help you avoid needless snacking later in the day.
Now, if you think it is great now, wait until you see the recipe that we are featuring today. We will be giving this superfood a protein boost so it better aids you in your bodybuilding goals.
- 2 egg whites (or an equivalent amount of liquid egg whites)
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1 cup of water
- A pinch of sea salt
- Fresh fruits, granola, nut butters, seeds (optional)
- Boil the water.
- Add the oatmeal and sea salt and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium and wait about eight minutes.
- While waiting, beat the egg whites until they turn fluffy.
- The oatmeal should have softened up by the end of the eight minutes but it should still be watery. Switch to low heat.
- Add the egg whites slowly. Stir quickly until everything turns creamy.
- Add the cinnamon and serve topped with fresh fruits, granola, nut butters and seeds.
- This recipe takes just around 15 minutes to prepare.