This is a delicious and healthy spin on traditional banana bread.
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 30 grams vanilla jay robb protein powder
- 3 tbsp Vanilla MuscleEgg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 350F
In a large mixing bowl, combine banana, greek yogurt, coconut oil and mix together
Add 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder and continue to mix ingredients
Add 3 tablespoons Vanilla MuscleEgg
Slowly fold in the rest of the dry ingredients
Add 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk to thin mixture just a bit
Last carefully stir in whole fresh blueberries
Spray or grease a 9″ loaf pan and line with parchment paper
Pour your batter into the pan and smooth top with spatula
Bake at 350F for 40 min (give or take 5 minutes depending on the strength of your oven)
Remove and place on a cooling rack.
——————–THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED —————————————-
We’ve teamed up with FitOverFat.com to give away a 1 year supply of MuscleEgg valued at over $850! Entering is simple, just follow the directions below (no purchase necessary):
How to Enter:
1) You must like both facebook pages:
Here’s a handy reference of some stretching exercises that you can perform to strengthen and support your neck and back as well as increase flexibility.
Ingredients for (6) Muffins:
- 2 Scoops Whey Protein of Choice (I used unflavored as I didn’t want to take away from ANY of the banana flavor)
- 1/2 medium banana (as discussed above, frozen and quickly thawed bananas seem to taste best but any ripe banana will do)
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Wheat Bran (not to be confused with Oat Bran)
- 3/4 cup MuscleEgg Vanilla Egg Whites (gives the muffin a hint of vanilla and a sweet after taste) – Regular Liquid Egg Whites can be used as well.
- 1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum (This natural powder acts as a binding agent in recipes that lack flour or yeast – found in most grocery stores now-a-days but to be safe check Whole Foods, Sprouts, or your health food store)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 oz crush Shelled Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a small muffin pan, either spray non-stick oil in muffin holes or better yet use muffin cups for easier removal and nicer presentation.
- Combine Whey Protein powder, 1/2 Banana, Wheat Bran, MuscleEgg Egg Whites, Xanthum Gum, Baking Powder in a blender or Bullet (if you have one)
- Quickly blend up ingredients insuring that the banana is liquified with the rest of the ingredients and not chunky. — this truly released the banana flavor.
- Using a mallet, meat tenderizer or your a coffee grinder quickly grind or smash walnuts until small crumbs are formed. – Add to the rest of the ingredients but save the larger pieces for the tops of the muffins.
- Pour batter evenly into (6) muffin cups – about halfway full
- Add larger pieces of walnuts to the top of the batter
- Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the strength of your oven (begin to check on them at 10 minutes as they rise quickly.
- Remove and place on cooling rack
- Eat them warm with my favorite Walden Farms Pancake Syrup or your choice of sugar free syrup or jelly.
- 1/2 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 scoop vanilla NATURAL whey protein powder (ex. Jay Robb Vanilla Whey)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup MUSCLEEGG Vanilla Liquid Egg Whites (regular egg whites can be used but these are best) – Get them here: www.muscleegg.com
- 1-2 packets stevia (optional)
Add all ingredients to blender . blend and pour.
Garnish with pistachio and a lime
1.5 cups Organic 100% Liquid MuscleEgg Egg Whites (For even more flavor try Chocolate or Vanilla)
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
6 egg yolks
1 cup Organic Coconut Flour
½ cup melted Organic Coconut Oil
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 Cup Stevia or liquid stevia equivalent to 1-1/2 cups sugar – (Splenda can also be used)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Organic coconut extract
4 tablespoons Unsweetened Reduced Fat Organic Shredded Coconut
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Use 1/2 tablespoon of Coconut Oil to create a non-stick barrier in your cake pan.
Pour egg whites into a mixing bowel and add cream of tartar. Begin to beat until egg whites form small peaks when wisp is removed from the mixture. (It should be foamy when ready) – Set aside for now.
In another mixing bowel beat your egg yolks (make sure these are yolks only – no whites so you’ll have to seperate by hand or use an egg seperator). Add all of your other ingredients and mix well.
Pour in 1/3 of your egg white/cream of tartar mixture and mix until liquid is no longer present.
Pour in 1/2 of your egg white mixture again and repeat above step.
Pour in your last remaining egg whites and mix well until a cake batter consistency has formed.
Fold in your cake batter into your Coconut Oiled Cake Pan and smooth your top with a spatula.
Bake for 35-40 minutes checking at 35 minutes. The top of the cake should just slightly begin to brown. To test if it’s ready insert a knife or tooth pic into the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
Remove cake, and let stand for 15 minutes on a cooling rack (something that allows air to pass beneath it)
Using a knife begin to slowly cut around the edges of the cake if it has not begin to pull away from the cake pan.
Place a large plate or the cooling rack on the top of your cake and flip upside down transferring the cake onto your surface (upside down)
Top with Whipped cream, frosting and shaved coconut and whatever fruit you desire.
- 1 can (15oz) of Organic 100% Pumpkin (you can use regular)
- 12 oz unsweetened almond milk (1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup 100% Organic Muscleegg Egg Whites (use flavored for even better taste!)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Stevia or the liquid Stevia equivalent – Stevia is a plant based sweetener with no effect on insulin or blood sugar levels like regular sugar. Safe for diabetics
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or mixer to really blend ingredients well
- Use a 9″ pie pan or glass dish. Spread organic coconut oil or a touch of olive oil with a paper towel to insure a non-stick surface and your pie will come out nicely.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and cook for an additional 45 minutes or until you can insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean. The edges should slightly be pulling away from the pan and have a touch of brown color.
- Remove from oven, let cool on a cooling rack. Place in freezer or refrigerator for 30 minutes to help cool and slightly harden.
- Devour your Delish Crust-less Pumpkin Pie Guilt Free.
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (I used Unsweetened Organic Reduced Fat Shredded Coconut from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 Cup MuscleEgg Vanilla Egg Whites (regular egg whites can be substituted but not as good!)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Optional but gives more of an intense Vanilla Flavor if not using just regular egg whites)
- 5 Packets Stevia or 10 drops Liquid Stevia (Regular sugar can be used here however it will change the nutrition facts and become not as “healthy”)
- Dash of water
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray
- Add ingredients list above to a small mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients together. Should be a semi-thick mixture. If your mixture turns out too watery add a little more coconut.
- After you have mixed thoroughly, begin to make small balls in your fingertips about an inch in diameter and gently place them on the baking sheet about an inch apart from one another.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 20 minutes checking them at 15 minutes.
- The edges should begin to brown and the tops just slightly.
- Remove and let cool
- Drizzle sugar free chocolate syrup and cinnamon on top.
- ENJOY guilt-free Coconut Macaroons. Low Carb, Sugar & Gluten Free!
Sweet Potato MuscleEgg Protein Pancake
- 7oz Mashed Sweet Potato (Skin, cook, mash)
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein (Optional — My recipe did not have Whey but this can add flavor)
- 3 MuscleEgg Vanilla Flavored Egg Whites (If you’re not using Whey Protein – increase to 6 Egg Whites) – 100% liquid whites or eggs can be substituted however once you go MuscleEgg, you’ll never buy regular eggs again
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda or Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- A dash of ground ginger
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon (do not leave this out)
- Turn stove burner on medium heat using a pancake skillet or regular sized pan. — pancake skillets are cheap and an excellent investment if you make these daily like me =)
- Peel or skin your sweet potatoes. Since you aren’t cooking with the skin on there isn’t a need to aerate your potato with a fork. I usually cook up to (2) potatoes at a time in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Weigh out your sweet potatoes to meet your desired macros (7 oz = 40 grams of carbs)
- Use a muddle, potato masher or a spoon to mash up your potatoes in a mixing bowl. Make sure there aren’t any chunks. **For best results use a food processor or Vitamix/Blender to mix all ingredients together for the best possible pancake batter.
- Combine all other ingredients into your mixing bowl and mix together into your pancake batter.
- Spray your pan with non-stick spray or coconut oil (healthier fat over olive oil or canola)
- Make 6″ round circles by pouring the mixture slowly into the center of your pan.
- Walk away for a few minutes and flip when the mixture no longer is runny on the top and it begins to slightly bubble around the edges.
- Cook your other side for 2-3 minutes, remove and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Add your favorite spices, sugar free jelly, sugar free syrup, fruit, PB2, Almond/Peanut butter or whatever you fancy =)
- Enjoy a delicious, nutritious muscle building pancake that tastes like dessert.
- 3 Slices of Ezekiel Bread Sesame (or any of their other flavors – not Cinnamon Raisin)
- 1 Cup MuscleEgg Mint Brownie Egg Whites
- Dash of Cinnamon + Unsweetened Organic Coconut Shavings
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Organic Blueberries
- Sprig of Fresh Organic Mint
- Heat stove-top to medium temperature
- Blend ingredients in blender making sure mixture is not chunky.
- Use a medium sized non-stick skillet or fry pan (make sure you spray with Pam or some Coconut Oil)
- Pour blended ingredients into small bowl
- Soak bread in ingredients on both sides until bread has completely taken up as much of the ingredients as possible
- Place bread in pan and let cook on each side for 4-5 minutes and then flip
- Remove and place on serving plate
- Sprinkle with Stevia to lightly sweeten and an extra dash of cinnamon + coconut (Optional)